logotipo silestone logotipo thesize logotipo compac Logotipo de Marbres casa casellas
   
  History Exhibition Public works Contact    

 

 
Casa Casellas: centuries-old tradition of stone work
   
 
The first story that links the family known Casellas with stone work dates from 1890 when Pairó Jaume Casellas, residing in Pont Major, already registered as a stonemason. A few years later, we ran an operation reference stone quarries Gerona. The quarry, located below the tower of Alfonso XII, on the south side, was exploited by Jaume Casellas together with their five children: Santiago, Jose, Luis, Narciso and Ramon Casellas and Pichon during the first third of a century or so. Father and sons, and moved to No. 9 in the Broom Street, Gerona, where he runs the business, not only constitute the core of Casey House but also give rise to several companies of the stone in the province of Girona. For example, James, the eldest son by marriage in 1921 with Xirgu Joaquina, daughter of Joseph Xirgu also stonemason, start working with his father and end up forming the signature-Xirgu Casellas, linked to the manufacture and marketing of stone artificial
  foto antigua  
 
 
The other four brothers continue to work on founding the company and assume the leadership from his father's death in 1930. However, with the premature death of José Casellas and Pichon in the late 1940's, would remain in the hands of Luis, Narciso and Ramon Casellas, although the son of José Carreras Josep Casellas and also work up Casellas Home the 1960's. Casellas house continued under the name "Children of Jaime Casellas" during the 1950's, based in Capuchins Street, 2, and San Francisco Square, 1, and also with a new quarry in Figueres. In early 1940, Ramon had moved to Figueres to open a shop operation and stone and marble, but still connected with the family business of Gerona, as evidenced by the fact that he held his brother Luis, while in The delegation comprised the same Ramon Gerona. The cross-ownership of firms would continue until mid-1960. With the death of Ramon Casellas and Pichon in the late 60's, his sons Joaquin and Ramon Casellas and Pellicer would become the owners of the business of Figueres.
 
 
Casellas House headquarters would remain in the home of Luis Casellas, at the crossing of the Cruz, 33, which would restore the original name of the century. In late 1950 the quarry closed family of Alfonso XII tower from depletion of the terms of the farm, and began a new further south-west, over the lime kiln was in the district of Vista Alegre. In these years, under the leadership of Narciso Pichon Casellas and begin a holding Beuda alabaster, which would continue until mid-1960 when Narciso left the company. Previously, the son of Narciso, Jordi Vila Casellas and also spent several years in the family business of stone. During these years the most elaborate work of stone taken from the start began to make the workshop Bohigas, just below the lime kiln and next to the old municipal soccer field Gerona. The workshop would Bohigas lasted until 1974-1975, when Lluís Casellas and his son Albert Ramon Casellas and opened a new workshop in Sant Julia de Ramis under the name of Stone and Marble Casellas, while maintaining the seal landmark Casellas House.
 
 
 
 
From these years the quarrying would be no point blow to its final abandonment, while the workshop Sant Julià be maintained until 1991, and which from 1976 to 1987 would also work intermittently son of Ramon Casellas , Lluís-Esteve Casellas i Serra. The declaration of Banyoles to host the Olympic Games at the end of the 80 accelerated the improvement of their links and that's how the road connecting the Palamos and the variant of the N-II, as it passes through Gerona, with the motorway Banyoles forced expropriation workshop Sant Julià de Ramis, formalized in 1991. Following the expropriation, the business moved to Cervia de Ter in association with the company's Altix. Following the closing of the workshop in Sant Julià de Ramis and the new transfer, Ramon Casellas and Albert decided to donate the toolkit's oldest family business, some of them from the time of the founder of Casey House, Jaume Casellas and Pairó, History Museum of the City of Girona, which are some.
 
 
 
 
 
In total, about two hundred pieces, including a car launches, and parpalines Parpal, flu, bush hammered, escoda, drills, Macal, hammers, cliffs, punches, chisels, wedges, etc.., Tools that had undoubtedly served to tons of stone shape Girona for places and purposes entirely different. In 1999, Ramon Casellas and Albert, along with his son, Agustin Pulido and Bazaga, who had begun working with him in 1990, and Xavier Illa and Alsina, acquired the entire company. Casey House was thus initiated in the late nineteenth century and developed throughout the century, regained its original name at the gates of the new century, and from September 8, 2003 the ownership and management were taken over by Agustin Pulido and Xavier Illa.
 

 

Marbres Casa Casellas. C/ Rajoleria, s/n 17464 Cervià de Ter (Girona) - Telf. 972 497 005 Fax. 972 496 324 - www.marbrescasacasellas.com